Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Disputed or Occupied?

Hybrid View

Pushtak21

Disputed or Occupied?

Is the West Bank and Gaza disputed or Occupied?

From what i hear in the news, they always say "Reporting from the OCCUPIED TERRITORIES this is CNN"...

but is it Occupied?

Afterall, what happened with the 'oslo'? Isn't that an agreement? And isn't agreements supposed to be a contractual agreements and a current dispute that will be resolved by 2 or more parties?

So why would people say occupied?

ITS DISPUTED (DAMMIT! ) afterall....there is a conflict, there is accords and there disputing on those claims..

personally, i think the media gave alot of credientials to the Palestinains thinking that ALL of WB and GAZA...and unfortunately for some UK/EU newspapers...all of Israel...as occupied land...

I say its disputed..what to do you say?

nuttie
    Quote Originally Posted by Pushtak21
    Is the West Bank and Gaza disputed or Occupied?
    It is in the nature of forums like this one that old discussions are forgotten and then crop up again. Fortunately, I have managed to find a very fine piece by our Canajew on the legal aspects of your question. Click HERE to read.

Nitupsar

Disputed; - of course it is!

You're absolutely and completely right the areas are disputed as is the rest of "Israel". But let us use the appropriate term: STOLEN!!! The whole land has been stolen and is continuing to get stolen from the inhabiatants! A theft naturally causes a dispute and worse between the thief and the victim, especially if the thief refuses to give back the stolen property .....
    It is a very simple situation really, and it can only be resolved in one way since the thieves refuse to yield. An outside force (guess who) will have to enforce justice and peace and give the Palestinians their due.

KettleWhistle
    Palestinians? What's that? Do you mean the Arabs that came from Syria, Jordan, Egypt, and Iraq to steal Jewish native land?

Mira
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitupsar
    You're absolutely and completely right the areas are disputed as is the rest of "Israel". But let us use the appropriate term: STOLEN!!! The whole land has been stolen and is continuing to get stolen from the inhabiatants! A theft naturally causes a dispute and worse between the thief and the victim, especially if the thief refuses to give back the stolen property .....
    It is a very simple situation really, and it can only be resolved in one way since the thieves refuse to yield. An outside force (guess who) will have to enforce justice and peace and give the Palestinians their due.
    It is impossible for the French to speak with moral clarity about the problems in the ME, since France played a significant role in creating the situation.

medkorp
    Hi,

Lol, so as you say: we can't speack with USA due their role in Middle East, so can we say the same for Vietnam ? Or South America ?

And i suggest you to check your history, it was an English protectorate, not a french one !

Medkorp

Quote Originally Posted by Mira
    It is impossible for the French to speak with moral clarity about the problems in the ME, since France played a significant role in creating the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by medkorp
    Hi,

Lol, so as you say: we can't speack with USA due their role in Middle East, so can we say the same for Vietnam ? Or South America ?

And i suggest you to check your history, it was an English protectorate, not a french one !

Medkorp
    Actually, Syria and Lebanon were French colonies- and the French indeed have done a whole lot of harm as a result of the Sykes-Picot accord. They have ousted the only democratically elected leader in the history of the Arab nation- emir Feisal- from the Syrian throne. Bastards.
    “This is a reality but I won’t deal with it in terms of recognizing or admitting it.”

Khaled Mashaal, Hamas leader

It's all nonsense. Middle easterners who have more of each other's blood on their hands than anyone else, or anyone else's are certainly free to paint the whole colonial era with the same stupid brush but it would just be that, stupid. Colonialism and post colonialism happened everywhere to everyone. Strangely though you never hear the Arabs demanding we uninvent oil fields and take them back, do you? So while they sit on a trillion dollars of wealth & drive their own countries into the ditch the claim that "It's all your fault" is crow noises and silliness. Lots of people's and countries with much worse histories at the hands of the Big White Bwana have done a lot better for themselves. In report after report, their own lapdogs, the UNDP puts the Arab world at the BOTTOM of the sociopolitical foodchain. The lowest growth, the slowest economies, the lowest literacy, the worse corruption, the lowest civil and human rights. so take your banners and your protest signs and hurt hurt prides and built a ing washing machine factory or a hospital or a voting booth. Until then shut up, sit down.

medkorp
    Hi,

Is this topic talk about Syrai or Lebanon ? Not at all, so please stay on the same topic !

So for this territories, it was England, not France !

And again, not a word about US ways in the others country...Could you talk about Allende or saddam, you have the choice !

Medkorp

Quote Originally Posted by Womble
    Actually, Syria and Lebanon were French colonies- and the French indeed have done a whole lot of harm as a result of the Sykes-Picot accord. They have ousted the only democratically elected leader in the history of the Arab nation- emir Feisal- from the Syrian throne. Bastards.

tandem
    i agree with KW. enlighten me, kermit! the arabs in the disputed territories weren't even "palestinian" before arafat and arab leaders made up a fairy tale about the so-called descendents of the canaanites.

the earliest evidence of muslim existence in greater palestine dates back to about 700 AD, 1,500 years AFTER the jews were already there. and you say that we "stole" the arabs' homeland?! what the muslim arabs did to the jews as well as many non-muslim religious minorities in areas under their control is more than obvious if you look at the social geography of the middle east. muslims make up AT LEAST 98% of the population in the entire middle east. that's because over the years they've been ethnically cleansing everybody else and displacing millions. and the objective to islamify the world continues. now they're going after europe and i'm sure that one day they'll succeed because most europeans are just too stupid to see what's really happening.

for the record, a "palestinian" state already exists. it's called jordan. jordan encompasses 70% of palestine under british rule. 80% of the population in jordan are palestinian arabs. the "palestinians" already have a state. the only thing that's due for the arabs in the territories is a transfer.

Gvil
    Those lands are not stolen nor disputed. They belong to Israel and were given to them by God. Just read Gen.15:18. The true borders of Israel are from Euphrates to Nile!. That will prevail since it is God's will!

Arab-defender

Completely agree

[QUOTE=Nitupsar]You're absolutely and completely right the areas are disputed as is the rest of "Israel". But let us use the appropriate term: STOLEN!!! The whole land has been stolen and is continuing to get stolen from the inhabiatants! A theft naturally causes a dispute and worse between the thief and the victim, especially if the thief refuses to give back the stolen property .....etc/QUOTE]

Absolutely agree on da one. Stolen, in violation of about 70 International Traties! Yes, Sir. Not only that, the occupants came, raped palestinian women, killed palestiniam men and children, settled on their territories and now dare to claim it was alway theirs. Incredible Just incredible. I cannt believe, that this is still happening - they still violate all these laws! Israely Army is the biggest terrorist in the World today!!!

completely right the areas are disputed as is the rest of "Israel". But let us use the appropriate term: STOLEN!!!
    So, Arab-defender do you agree with the statement that the rest of Israel is stolen ?
    Idealism increases in direct proportion to one's distance from the problem.
    Author: John Galsworthy 1867-1933, British Novelist, Playwright

Arab-defender
    Quote Originally Posted by Reffo
    So, Arab-defender do you agree with the statement that the rest of Israel is stolen ?
    yap. Not only i believe it - i KNOW it for a fact.

show me your facts - I love listening to crazy people tell me their absolute truths.

Thread Information