Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stop The United Church Of Christ's Anti-israel Resolutions

Stop The United Church Of Christ's Anti-israel Resolutions

On July 1, 2005, the United Church of Christ (UCC), founded in 1957 as the union of several Christian traditions, convenes its General Synod, in Atlanta, Georgia. On the agenda are resolutions calling for the dismantling of Israel’s security barrier, and divestment from companies doing business with Israel.

This comes at a time when Israel is removing all Jewish settlements from Gaza, when she has released 900-plus Palestinians held for abetting terrorism, and as Prime Minister Ariel Sharon and Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas meet face-to-face in pursuit of an equitable peace.

The WiesenthalCenter has directly urged the head of the UCC to defeat these unfair and dangerous initiatives. We have also asked United States Congressmen who are members of the UCC to raise their voices against these resolutions. And, finally, we have asked that we be allowed to address the conclave directly to ensure that the voice of the victims of Palestinian terrorism are heard. To date, the Church has been silent to our pleas.

We need your help today

Please join our protest to UCC head Rev. John H. Thomas and other leaders of the

By acting now, you will be among the first 25,000 protests that we must generate in the few days before the General Synod convenes this Friday!

Recently, when another Protestant denomination considered similar resolutions against Israel, Lord Carey, the former Archbishop of Canterbury, had this to say, "Israelis are already traumatised and feel that the world is against them. This proposal, if it is agreed, would be another knife in the back. Christians who owe so much to the Hebrew Scriptures and to Israel itself should not be among those who attack Israel in such a way."

Since the Holocaust, Jews have appreciated the attempts of many church groups including the UCC to promote cooperation and good will. But the passing of resolutions so arrogantly oblivious to the safety and future of Israel's civilian population will result in inestimable damage to the relationship between our communities.

http://www.wiesenthal.com/site/apps/ka/ct/contactus.asp?c=fwLYKnN8LzH&b=849759&en=ftLNIYNIKg LOI3MOLaLLK2OPIsJWI0MKKiLRJ0OOJtJ9E

http://www.wiesenthal.com/siteapps/email/spreadWord.aspx?c=fwLYKnN8LzH&b=849671

We need your support to continue our work.

Please click here to support the work of the Simon Wiesenthal Center.

https://www.kintera.org/site/apps/ka/sd/donorcustom.asp?c=fwLYKnN8LzH&b=251726

Please do not respond directly to this email - the SWC will not receive your correspondence. Send inquiries to: information@wiesenthal.net

Or send mail to:

SimonWiesenthalCenter

1399 South Roxbury, Los Angeles, California90035

310-553-9036

http://www.wiesenthal.com

This e-mail was sponsored by the SimonWiesenthalCenter, an international organization with 400,000 members, promoting tolerance and combating antisemitism worldwide.

Semsem
    Thanks. I signed. It's absalutely disgusting. The Christian Churches have been persecuting, burning, killing, bashing Jews for 2,000 years. It will never stop.

savvy
    I signed too. These Christians might as well start praying to Allah 5 times a day. However, I believe this time the real Christians r being separated from the false ones. We'll soon enough know who the pseudo- churches are and let the Muslims do away with Christendom's harlots. Sorry, if this is harsh, but I am mad.

Rivka
    Signed. Oy I am sorry but I think quite a few so called Christians are forgetting where their faith comes from... as well as running away from there own.

water
    it has been knew that the UCofC has nothing to do with the jesus in the bible
    they have only hijacked the name of christain and jesus to use as a cover for there evil deeds
    this go beyond evil deeds
    this world is one scarey place i done know how to stop the tide of evil
    unti jewishness is everywhere and is geting worse
    i dont feel i have any power to stop it
    yes i pray
    i turn the station when the lies are being spead and my family beleives that Israel has more then the right to be where she is
    and that we think as a nation she is the must fare and just nation in the world
    we are just a small group
    and we seem so weak

atricnorth

persecuted and looking for revenge

eh, i came from a christian background but from malaysia, an antisemitic country.

got bullied by muslims there, even wanted to convert me during one time, even show me a book about a catholic who became a muslim in the end.

the way they treated me in the past, man, show them no mercy.

i remember their faces, extremist for sure.
    can see the look on their faces, reminds me of iraqi terrorists.
    take them down piece by piece.

do what ever is neccessary to hunt them down , treat them like dogs.
    muslims in this world would want israel swept to the sea, christians annihilated and raped women and make their children terrorists.

RoofRabbit
    Quote Originally Posted by Semsem
    Thanks. I signed. It's absalutely disgusting. The Christian Churches have been persecuting, burning, killing, bashing Jews for 2,000 years. It will never stop.
    Not true christian churches. There are many false religions out there to deceive as many as possible. Any so called Christian Church that opposes Israel opposes God as well. It's that simple.

Lutheran churches criticize the fence:

http://standwithus.com/news_post.asp?NPI=414

But then it blows up in their own faces

http://standwithus.com/news_post.asp?NPI=417

Tiberias
    Quote Originally Posted by RoofRabbit
    Not true christian churches. There are many false religions out there to deceive as many as possible. Any so called Christian Church that opposes Israel opposes God as well. It's that simple.
    That's true. There are many out there that call themselves "Christians" that aren't. Many are blinded and are wolves in sheeps clothing.

Ossian
    Surely no Christian church should either support or oppose a nation state. Jesus advised his followers to be "no part of the world, just as I am no part of the world."

water
    Quote Originally Posted by Ossian
    Surely no Christian church should either support or oppose a nation state. Jesus advised his followers to be "no part of the world, just as I am no part of the world."
    jesus did not repect the roman empire
    if you thing jesus would not be on the side of his country men please reread what you have been reading
    it has been all about keeping his family alive he did bring them back to the LAND
    no one would stand up for them but He did and brought them HOME

Ossian
    Au contraire

According to the bible, He asked that his followers respect governmental authority, as long as it did not compromise biblical teachings. According to the bible, when asked if his followers should pay the tax ordered by Rome, He asked, Who's image is on that Roman coin? "Ceasars" they replied. He asked his followers to; "Pay to Ceasar what is Ceasars, and pay what is God's to God."

ShimonG
    This sort of lends credence to my theory that christianity is inherently anti-semitic. And that the anti-semitism arises from the forced incorporation of Judaism into Christianity via the theft of the old testament, the ten commandments etc. The very existence of the Jews is a stark reminder to the Christian that much of his own religion is borrowed. Unless the Jews are destroyed, the Christians cannot truly legitimize this theft.

Ossian

hhmmm....

What lends credence to your theory?

I think in its true essence Christianity can be seen as being anti - jewish as a religion, as it would be anti other 'false' (so called!) religions, but not anti- jewish as an ethnicity.

Alban
    Interesting.

Why should people stop others from speaking no matter how much they disagree with the opposition of the other side?

If you view the opposition to be totally wrong then logically wouldn't you let them make their own presence be made for the world to see how wrong they are?

Why all the silencing and protesting?

Thread Information