Thread: Omri Sharon indited on corruption charges

KettleWhistle

Omri Sharon indited on corruption charges

Prosecutors in Tel Aviv serve indictment against Omri Sharon over illegal fundraising charges related to 1999 Likud primaries. Earlier, Sharon junior waived Knesset immunity
    The Tel Aviv District Prosecutor's Office served an indictment Sunday against Knesset Member Omri Sharon, Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's son.

The decision to indict Sharon junior over illegal fundraising charges was announced at the end of July by Attorney General Menachem Mazuz. The young Sharon is charged with creating false corporate records, breach of trust, and the serious violation of false testimony.

The charges against Omri Sharon go back to Ariel Sharon's fundraising campaign during the 1999 Likud primaries.

The Justice Ministry was forced to wait for 30 days following Mazuz's announcement in order to allow Sharon to ask for Knesset immunity. The 30-day period ends today, and Omri Sharon, as expected, has not asked to exercise his immunity.

'I will argue my case before the court'

In an earlier letter sent to Knesset chairman Reuven Rivilin and Knesset committee chairman Ronny Bar-On, Omri Sharon said that he is giving up his immunity.
    The letter also laid out the chain of events in question and contained an admission by Sharon that he had violated the Parties Law.

read the rest of the article at the source:
    http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...134152,00.html

KettleWhistle

An addendum

I wonder if it will be the most-usual case of a kangaroo court by a panel of unregulated judges that will just aquit him, as we can expect due to the lack of jury-trials (common law?) system.

SteveK
    Quote Originally Posted by KettleWhistle
    I wonder if it will be the most-usual case of a kangaroo court by a panel of unregulated judges that will just aquit him, as we can expect due to the lack of jury-trials (common law?) system.

I think that the American system of justice has also been exemplary in its perversion of justice.

How old were you, KW, when Gerry Ford unconditionally pardoned Richard Nixon for all his crimes immediately upon taking office after Nixon resigned (or would have suffered impeachment and removal from office)

Omri should take a lesson from Nixon and look straight into the camera and
    tell the Israeli people "I am not a crook!". And, he should try the technique of Nixon used in his earlier tainted political carreer like the "Checker's Speech",
    but use one of the pet sheep from his father's ranch.

Thread Information