Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why can't I post new threads?

eur-falange
    Another problem; i don't subscribed the thread, but if I post in one of thread arrive to me notification by Email, all this i s very strange

The Baron
    Lower the number of post required to be a real member, for the love of g...

dajudem
    I used to try to post here but I always got error messages. I tried contacting mods with pm's -- who said they could do nothing. I finally gave up. I am trying here again about a year later. Maybe that particular glitch has been solved. Or maybe I will get another error message...... I wonder....

dajudem
    well, looky, looky, everybody. dajudem has finally arrived. Here is post #2, lol. Glad to finally meet yawl.

DJ_Arc
    oh i see i need 15 posts okey

JesusRules

New Threads:

Dear Administrator,

Is there any idea how much more time I have before I can post a new thread?

Update: 7/25/06 I'm Free! I'm Free! Full Member....thank you.
    Last edited by JesusRules; 07-26-2006 at 01:10 PM.

Leah
    I can't post new threads either - does that mean I have to post 15 times before I can post a new thread? Hmm new:O)

Roland
    Quote Originally Posted by Leah
    I can't post new threads either - does that mean I have to post 15 times before I can post a new thread? Hmm new:O)
    Yes. If not even more Welcome.

BusinessStudent
    Is there some way that an admin or moderator can override this requirement for me?

I can of course find 15 things to post comments on, but I'm really here to help learn about Israel and Israeli culture for a comparative management class I'm taking in business school. I have to give a presentation tomorrow on Israel and cultural issues, business issues, etc. Basically everbody in the class had to pick a country to research and mine is Israel, but some questions I have can't be answered via simple google searches.

Any help is really really appreciated.

no exceptions. sorry.

the reality
    Quote Originally Posted by Babur
    15 i think. i can post now that ive passed 15
    i see you signature.you raffer about pakistani defence also
    yaar wo muja member ship nahe da raha ..ku ku ku

Declan

Regulating new posters

When I registered at this forum earlier today I was not aware that my membership would be on a "probationary" basis and I would not be allowed to introduce myself by opening a new thread until I had passed through a period of satisfactory posting.

I can understand the Administration's reluctance to let new members originate threads before it has been established that they are not spamsters, or much more seriously, not troublemakers who have sought out this particular forum in order to vilify the Jewish people.

But this rules out the opportunity for someone (like myself), who has joined the forum to learn more about Israel and Middle Eastern politics, to express an opinion on a topical issue. By the time I've accumulated enough postings for my participation here to be acceptable, what I'd like to say right now will be redundant.

I suspect the Israel Forum regulation affecting postings by new members will deter many from persevering and reduce the number of new people who have something thoughtful to say.

Declan.

Roland
    Quote Originally Posted by Declan
    When I registered at this forum earlier today I was not aware that my membership would be on a "probationary" basis and I would not be allowed to introduce myself by opening a new thread until I had passed through a period of satisfactory posting.
    Well, you are allowed to introduce yourself in an existing thread. There are more than enough welcome-newbee-threads. If every new hello-I'm-new-here-message would generate a whole new thread, the forum would be flooded with threads instead of making single threads grow in length. That would be the original intention to organise postings in threads.
    I can understand the Administration's reluctance to let new members originate threads before it has been established that they are not spamsters, or much more seriously, not troublemakers who have sought out this particular forum in order to vilify the Jewish people.
    Correct.
    But this rules out the opportunity for someone (like myself), who has joined the forum to learn more about Israel and Middle Eastern politics, to express an opinion on a topical issue. By the time I've accumulated enough postings for my participation here to be acceptable, what I'd like to say right now will be redundant.
    On the contrary. A little patience helps. I can't imagine anything to be said, that would not fit into an existing category or thread. So your spontaniously given opinion is welcome - slighly hijacking or distracting existing discussions is tolerated, and a good discussion would find back to it's topic very fast - and you will be able to create a whole new thread anyway soon.
    I suspect the Israel Forum regulation affecting postings by new members will deter many from persevering and reduce the number of new people who have something thoughtful to say.
    No. It repeatedly makes newbees post a comment very much identical to your's. After a while, they all turn into normal members. It doesn't even stop some troublemakers.
    If you think your message is so extremely important and urgent you can always contact a Moderator via PM to open a new thread for you. If your request is reasonable and your message indeed so alarming, I don't see why you'd be rejected.
    Welcome!

Ernie001

I know...

I am near 40 posts, I still cannot start a new thread

Declan
    Hello Roland: Thanks for your reasoned response.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland
    Well, you are allowed to introduce yourself in an existing thread. There are more than enough welcome-newbee-threads. If every new hello-I'm-new-here-message would generate a whole new thread, the forum would be flooded with threads instead of making single threads grow in length. That would be the original intention to organise postings in threads.
    I did not intend to start a "greetings" thread that merely wastes bandwidth and is unlikely to generate any interesting feedback. The forum would be swamped by lots of petty threads that lead nowhere if every newcomer sought to bypass the "trial period" by that means.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland
    If you think your message is so extremely important and urgent you can always contact a Moderator via PM to open a new thread for you. If your request is reasonable and your message indeed so alarming, I don't see why you'd be rejected.
    Welcome!
    No, you are mistaken, I did not think my message was either "extremely important" or "alarming" - which suggests a certain self-assertive character to my observations.

What I had in mind was a thread that would discuss the strange death of impartial analysis among the British intelligentsia - at least when applied to the situation in Lebanon. That so many European intellectuals should abandon their liberal principles in responding to the crisis in Lebanon is, it seems to me, a "pregnant curiosity". Any other country (but Israel) on a permanent war footing and almost surrounded by enemies who believe it's their religious duty to throw its inhabitants into the sea, would, I'm sure, receive a far more sympathetic hearing from the "thinkers" of the Western world than is the case right now.

I can't say much more otherwise you might think I'm smuggling a thread into this place, where it doesn't belong.

Declan.

Thread Information