Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saddam's latest antics

genghis_tom

Saddam's latest antics

genghis_tom
    From the article, "Ibrahim, who wore only his long underwear for the second day in a row, complained that he and the other defendants had been forced to attend the proceedings against their will.
    “You brought me by force in my pajamas and I have been on a hunger strike for two days,” he said."

Hunger strikes and pajamas where will it end?

takeo
    Quote Originally Posted by genghis_tom
    From the article, "Ibrahim, who wore only his long underwear for the second day in a row, complained that he and the other defendants had been forced to attend the proceedings against their will.
    “You brought me by force in my pajamas and I have been on a hunger strike for two days,” he said."

Hunger strikes and pajamas where will it end?
    This is of course a stalinist style showtrial, not unlike the trials when Saddam was in power, the judge was removed because he was "not hard enough for Saddam" and replaced by an even less neutral one, the witnesses were forced by gun to attain the trial, altough they refused to do so, because they feared for the safety of their families, also the accused were forced to attain the trial... the bodybags are already waiting, so why give any credibility to this proces? Just shoot Saddam and get it over with, noone will be fooled by your theatre. And other resistance bodybags are waiting for those who participated to this theater...

Annaliese
    Quote Originally Posted by takeo
    This is of course a stalinist style showtrial, not unlike the trials when Saddam was in power, the judge was removed because he was "not hard enough for Saddam" and replaced by an even less neutral one, the witnesses were forced by gun to attain the trial, altough they refused to do so, because they feared for the safety of their families, also the accused were forced to attain the trial... the bodybags are already waiting, so why give any credibility to this proces? Just shoot Saddam and get it over with, noone will be fooled by your theatre. And other resistance bodybags are waiting for those who participated to this theater...
    The only problem with this trial is that it should have been a military tribunal.

The first judge left out of fear and not because he wasn't hard enough on Saddam. He was a Kurd, for goodness sake.

The witnesses were terrified, of course, because terrorists are still waiting to murder anyone who tells the truth.

The only thing correct in your post is, "Just shoot Saddam."

takeo
    Quote Originally Posted by Annaliese
    The only problem with this trial is that it should have been a military tribunal.

The first judge left out of fear and not because he wasn't hard enough on Saddam. He was a Kurd, for goodness sake.

The witnesses were terrified, of course, because terrorists are still waiting to murder anyone who tells the truth.

The only thing correct in your post is, "Just shoot Saddam."
    Yes, a military tribunal, and not trying to present this as a fair trial. It's a political trial of course. Yes he was a Kurd, still he was accused of being too soft with Saddam.
    Saddam is history, next will be Jihad, the monster created by the US in Iraq.

Annaliese
    Saddam is history, next will be Jihad, the monster created by the US in Iraq.

Jihad created by the US? Are you out of your mind??????????

Robby
    Out of curiosity, are those Porky Pig pajamas Saddam's wearing? He should look something like this:

http://www.chickenshop.co.uk/acatalog/cost842.html

This is of course a stalinist style showtrial

Stalinist show-trials were generally much shorter with the defence team squarily on the side of the state.

And the sentences were carried out immediatly.
    Mil - stands for the countless MILlions of reasons not to work.

takeo
    The US created a Jihad in Iraq by their occupation and crimes in the heartland of the Islamic world, like the Soviets created a Jihad in Afghanistan by their very presence. Also Iraq wasn't a very islamist country BEFORE the invasion, nowadays Islamic radicals are in charge everywhere in the Arab part of Iraq.

Turkishdude
    Muslims are never guilty, it's always the West. When will you understand that?

takeo
    Quote Originally Posted by Mil
    This is of course a stalinist style showtrial

Stalinist show-trials were generally much shorter with the defence team squarily on the side of the state.

And the sentences were carried out immediatly.
    Saddam's body bag is already waiting for him...
    The only difference is that the US needs to respect a certain international standard to the outside, eventough it's little convincing, whereas Stalin and the radical communists of the late 40's in Eastern Europe didn't have this concern. Saddam's lawyers (among which westerners) say this is an absolute mockery of a trial, which would never be possible in any western country. The judge for example comes from the village which was gassed by Saddam and lost relatives himself, etc. But the US is not alone to blame, the Shiite government is even less concerned about a fair trial for Saddam.

Annaliese
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkishdude

Oh, right you are, Turkishdude. How silly of me.

takeo
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkishdude

The US, not muslims, carried out the 2003 invasion of Iraq based on lies and without UN backing, am I right or wrong? everything that happens in Iraq these days is a result of that decision.

redcake
    The US, not muslims, carried out the 2003 invasion of Iraq based on lies and without UN backing, am I right or wrong? everything that happens in Iraq these days is a result of that decision.

Good thing the entire history of unrest in the Middle East started in 2003. Maybe that's just when you took an interest in the topic?

takeo
    Quote Originally Posted by redcake
    Good thing the entire history of unrest in the Middle East started in 2003. Maybe that's just when you took an interest in the topic?
    Actually I took interest in the topic since the early 90's and I visited the country in 1999. That's another reason why I wass opposed to this war, as so many people. The problems were there already, but the war made things worse, not better. If the US didn't invade Iraq there wouldn't be a civil war in Iraq right now, this means that Bush is indirectly responsible for every casualty in this war, as Hitler was responsible for every casualty during WWII (even the people who died during the Dresden bombings), because he started the war.

Thread Information